Have you ever wondered how and when a tactical strobe flashlight is useful? Regular flashlights are obviously used to illuminate one’s surroundings, but why do some units feature a strobe, too? Why don’t manufacturers just focus on offering the brightest, most durable flashlights?
Tactical strobe flashlights are useful in a variety of situations, and can actually save your life. Flashlights that feature a strobe function qualify as one of the most effective self-defense tools on the market. That’s why at Fenix, we believe it’s important for everyone to carry a high quality tactical strobe flashlight at all times.
Want to learn more about the benefits of tactical strobe flashlights and high-performance units? Keep on reading to learn everything you need to know.
- Tactical strobe flashlights have seen a recent spike in popularity, despite their invention in the early 1930s
- Strobe lights provide temporary protection, allowing time for victims to take action before a threat will adjust to the harsh lighting conditions
- Tactical units with a strobe function can disorient an attacker, minimize ability their use force, reduce their peripheral vision, and more
- The best tactical strobe flashlights have multiple lighting modes, high-lumen counts, durable bodies, a tactical tail switch, rechargeable batteries, and extended runtimes
Carrying a high quality tactical strobe flashlight is most beneficial in situations when illumination, signaling, giving directions, or personal protection is necessary.
Why Carry A Tactical Strobe Flashlight?
There are a number of reasons why everyone should carry a tactical strobe flashlight. Although, LED lights that feature a strobe function are most useful in situations when you need amplified personal protection.
A unit with a high lumen count can blind an attacker, signal for help, or give directions in high stress situations. Not to mention, they’re also allowed in locations where weapons are not, like airplanes, professional buildings and schools.
The Main Benefits
Although strobe lights have been around since the early 1930s, they did not become popular until recent years. Not only are they both portable and durable, but they also act as a reliable means of protection.
Although, it is important to note that strobe lights only grant temporary protection, allowing time for victims to take action before a threat will adjust to strobe conditions. Keep this in mind as you use your tactical strobe flashlight to:
- Disorient an attacker. The strobe function on a tactical flashlight can give you enough time to flee or strike in an emergency situation.
- Minimize an attacker’s ability to use force. The disorienting effect of a strobe light disrupts coordination, minimizing an attacker’s ability to use force.
- Reduce an attacker’s peripheral vision. The target of a strobe light will experience significantly reduced peripheral vision, limiting their ability to see clearly and giving victims time to either escape or approach.
- Signal for help. A bright, blinking strobe light is likely to gain attention in dark or loud environments.
- Give direction at night. Making your flashing strobe light easily visible can lead onlookers to your location.
Carrying a tactical strobe flashlight offers you an advantage in unexpected situations as they are effective, easy to use, and non-violent.
What To Look For In A Tactical Strobe Flashlight
In addition to an easily accessible strobe function, there are several notable features to look for in high performance tactical flashlights:
- Multiple Lighting Modes. Not only will several lighting modes grant the perfect amount of light in every condition, but it will also allow you to maximize your unit’s battery life.
- High Lumen Output. A tactical flashlight with a high lumen count will ensure that every obstacle is well-lit, leaving no room for error.
- Durable Body. High quality tactical units can endure tough conditions, regardless of weather or terrain. Waterproof units made from durable materials, like aluminum, are best.
- Tactical Tail Switch. Many situations that call for a tactical strobe flashlight also require quick action. A unit with a tactical tail switch will react as quickly as you do, making sure you have access to light in an instant.
- Rechargeable. In an emergency situation, you won’t have time to switch out your unit’s batteries. Rechargeable batteries not only last longer, but they are also better for the environment.
- Extended Runtime. Tactical strobe flashlights with an extended runtime allow you to focus on the situation at hand, instead of when you need to recharge your unit.
To ensure maximum performance, it’s important to prioritize quality, heavy-duty units. Keep in mind that the best bright, durable units are also lightweight and easy to carry.
Best Tactical Strobe Flashlights
Below are some of the best tactical strobe flashlights, specifically designed for excellent performance and built with high quality materials.
Measuring less than 6 inches in length and weighing less than 3oz, Fenix’s PD35 V2.0 is a great option when it comes to undetectable, convenient protection. Not only does this unit feature a 1700 lumen output, but also a durable aluminum body, IP68 waterproof rating, and 6 lighting modes, including strobe.
Fenix’s PD36R is perfect for both tactical and professional applications. This unit features a maximum output of 1600 lumens and an impressive beam distance of almost 1000 feet. Not only is it both compact and lightweight, but it’s also rechargeable via its USB Type-C port, fully waterproof, and made from high-strength aluminum.
Carry Your Own Tactical Strobe Flashlight Today
Whether it’s used for illumination, signaling, or giving directions, you won’t regret having a tactical strobe flashlight on hand. You never know when you’ll need to take life-saving measures, and a high quality unit can be invaluable in high stress situations.